Who should attend?
All personnel who use step or ladders, are responsible for the inspection, storage, cleaning and maintenance of the equipment.
• Health & safety at work ACT 1974
• PUWER 1998
• Management of health and safety at work 1999
• Working at height regulations 2005/ amended 2007
• Selection and suitability of equipment
• Types of ladders and materials for manufacture of steps and ladders
• Correct use of ladders and steps
• Inspection of steps and ladders and the records to be kept
• Maintenance and storage of the equipment
• Identification marks, registers and ladder inspection tags
• Securing: ties, ropes, proprietary fittings and fixtures
• Practical assessment of safe use, maintenance, cleaning, storage and inspection of steps and ladders