Who should attend?
The course is targeted at project managers, foremen and supervisors working in a broad range of industries such as construction, facilities management, retail, airports and arboriculture.
Aims & Objectives
To instruct a supervisor/manager in the requirements to select, use and manage various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) under his/her control.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
• Be aware of current legislation.
• Be aware of different MEWP classifications.
• Be aware of the importance of correct
• Be able to select the correct PPE
for the operator.
• Have a greater knowledge and awareness
of the safe use and operation of MEWPs.
• Be able to identify misuse and abuse
• Be aware of planning and maintenance
What the candidate should know:
• The requirements for pre-use checks and
daily maintenance to be carried out prior to
• The regulations and standards relevant to
• The correct procedures (including
emergency), capacities and limitations to
enable safe operation.
• Correct selection of MEWP.
• Correct selection of fall protection equipment.
Price Includes IPAF Registration fee (£30.00+VAT)