Who Should Attend
Those who use, supervise or manage the use of powered access, including scissor lifts, self-propelled boom lifts, trailer mounted boom lifts and aerial work platforms. Those who need to use only one category of powered access equipment should attend the Single Category course and those who need to use two categories of powered access equipment should attend the Dual Category course.
• Introduction and pre-course theory test
• MEWP categories
• Structural parts
• Regulations – ISO 18878, European, HASAWA
• Regulations – PUWER, LOLER, MHSW, WAHR, RIDDOR
• Pre-use inspection / handovers
• Safe operating methods and hazards
• Theory test
• Practical training
• Practical assessment
Britannia now issues the IPAF Smart Pal Card as a matter of course:
The IPAF Smart PAL Card and reader system can be used to verify if pre-use checks have been done. IPAF Smart Card Logo
• Access to machines can be restricted – the MEWP can be set to only start if operators have a valid IPAF Smart PAL Card which proves they are trained for the appropriate machine category.
• An electronic logbook can be created for individual operators – showing which machines they have operated, for how long and where.
• Smartcard systems can be integrated for industry-wide coverage.
• The Smart PAL Card will continue to have security features, such as the cardholder’s photo, signature and an IPAF logo printed as a hologram.
We can provide other categories, please call us for details
All prices are inclusive of IPAF registration fees (£30.00+VAT)