Who should attend?
Managers who are responsible for confined space entry. The classification and relevant documentation to be used. The supply and availability of suitable resources. (equipment)
The aim of the course is to give managers the skills and knowledge to manage confined space work. Provide them with examples of policies and procedures, and documents which may need to be used. We will also cover the requirements and standards to be adhered to when managing confined spaces.
By the end of the session all delegates will have skills and knowledge to allow them to competently plan, organise, and arrange and resource confined space work in their own work environment. They will also be able to use and complete all documentation required for confined space work.
• Health and Safety Legislation to include, HASAWA 1974, MHSWR 1999, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998, PPE1992\2002,
• Confined Space Regulations 1997
• Definitions of Confined Space – national classification
• Levels of Competence – low/medium/high risk
• Roles and Responsibilities – top/bottom man
• Equipment types and choices
• Designer Duties – avoid – hierarchy of control
• Surveys – national classifications
• Inspection and Audits
• Drawing and Diagrams (if applicable)
• 3rd Party interaction – other workers/contractors/public/segregation
• Planning – to include risk assessment/method statement + permits
• Case Study
Questions & answers
Britannia In-House Certification