Who should attend?
This one-day interactive course has been designed for company Directors with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of health and safety legislation non-compliance. The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety. Workshop exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum. The day concludes with delegates preparing an action plan for use when they return to the workplace. This will include a checklist to utilise within their organisations that will help to ensure compliance with legislation.
Aims & Objections
The delegate will gain knowledge and understanding in:
• moral, economic and legal costs and implications of making decisions
• strategic management of risks
• consequences of failed health and safety management
• importance of competent duty holders, and cooperating, communicating and coordinating health and safety on projects
• appointment of competent health and safety assistance
• basic tools to introduce a proactive health and safety culture into an organisation.
At the end of the day the delegates will be able to:
• recognise the moral, economic and legal costs/implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
• understand the importance of strategic management of risks
• appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health & safety effectively
• understand the importance of competent duty holders cooperating, communicating and coordinating health and safety throughout the whole project
• recognise the need to appoint competent health and safety assistance, and the limitations of such an appointment
• identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation.
Please note that the price includes the CITB registration fee (£70.00+VAT)