Who should attend?
- Those persons who are liable to disturb asbestos whilst carrying out their normal every day work suitable for ventilation engineers, carpenters, joiners, roofing contractors and any other person liable to come into contact with asbestos during undertaking construction or any other maintenance type activity.
- Asbestos type & identification
- Problems associated with asbestos to include the hazards and health issues
- Location of possible asbestos containing materials
Introduction & Registration
Aims & Objectives
- To provide training in accordance with the control of asbestos regulations 2006 (updated 2012), regulation 10.
- The control, management and notification requirements.
- The planning for licensed and unlicensed work
- LegislationThe control of asbestos regulations 2006 (updated 2012)
- MDS 100 surveying, sampling and assessment of asbestos containing materials
- The asbestos survey undertaken
- Types of survey
- Action taken as a result of the survey
- The management of asbestos removal to include the plan of work
- Notification requirements and the preparation of the plan of work
- Removal of asbestos cement sheeting
- Documentation requires to include the plan of work
- Syndicate exercises
Questions & Answers session